7.09.2010

When it rains, it pours....

Just when I feel like we are starting to make progress on our renovation, we get set back by something else.  I think there is a song about that, "one step forward and two steps back"....




I have learned to manage my overall expectations of a project because of this very fact, though. For instance, we started to put up the molding in the bathroom the other day (the final touch of our bathroom overhaul...photos to come), which means that we can install the sink and toilet this weekend.  Yay, right?  But wait....as soon as I mentioned that we would have a second working toilet in the house - literally, I was yelling up the stairs to B, "I'm so excited the bathroom will be finished for our party next week" - the upstairs one goes kapoot......of course!  Why would the universe want me to have two working toilets at the same time?  That would just be greedy. 

So....not only are we installing the toilet in the new half bath downstairs this weekend, but we are also going to be replacing the lovely blue bowl upstairs.  Not in the budget, folks.  But, when we started thinking about it, it would cost about $50 for the parts to fix the old toilet (probably original to the house...1965 or so) and a new one is just $118.  since we will absolutely hopefully be updating the bathroom upstairs next year, i figured that it wouldn't be the end of the world to replace it a little early. 

Here is what i am looking at for our new porcelain beauty....















It's the kohler wellworth round front one.  home depot has it for $118, plus I have a 10% off coupon, so its not a terrible deal.  still....it was definitely not in the plans for our july budget. Oh well, I guess it is just one of the joys of home ownership.

No comments:

Post a Comment