6.14.2011

Ten on Tuesday

I've linked up to It's a Crafty Life's Ten on Tuesday event.  I am a new follower of hers, so I thought it would be fun to join the party!

                                                              Photobucket

The requirements of the party are that you link up a blog post talking about ten random things, pictures or events in your life.  Like I said, I've never done this before, so please bear with me........

1.  Confession: I have been a bad blogger lately and failed to update you all on some recent project completions (window installation, black frame gallery in the hallway, guest bedroom makeover and our washer and dryer purchase).  This pregnancy has made me terribly forgetful, so I always think I posted about something when I really didn't....oops!!  So stay tuned for those upcoming posts!!

2.  I am currently reading the Happiness Project by Gretchen Craft Rubin for my book club and it is wonderful so far.  We have been reading a lot of deep and dark novels of late and it's a nice refreshing change of pace.  My best description of the book is that it is insightful, inspiring, witty and fresh.  I am only about 30 pages in and that is my take on it, but I will let you know if my opinion changes as I move further into the book.  So far, so good though.....


3.  We have been eating out almost every night lately.  We went through all the trouble of creating this beautiful kitchen and we haven't really used it in weeks (maybe even longer than that).  I have had NO motivation to grocery shop (aside from picking up milk and eggs and things like that once a week).  I just can't wrap my head around planning meals and thinking far ahead.  I barely know what I want at any given moment, nevermind what I will want in 4 days.  So.....needless to say, we have been take-out fans lately.  My normal go-to has been a veggie or california roll with some edamame from whole foods (since I can't have the good stuff), but I'm not sure what we will end up tonight.  Exciting, isn't it?  Haha...

4.  We just got back from vacation a month ago and I am already scouring websites for the next getaway deals.  Even though I can't go anywhere for a while, nor will we want to leave our little bundle of joy right away, but it is just nice to think about fun places to travel in the future.  And who knows, little B might be a really great traveler and we will take him with us all over the place.  Only time will tell.

5.  Our maternity photographer just sent us a few more sneak-peek photos yesterday and this one is my favorite.  I like that is is not about me or my husband, it is really just all about the belly.  Maybe it's a little too abstract and artsy, but I think that's why I love it.  It's not screaming maternity photo shoot to me, it almost seems like its natural.  I am actually thinking about printing this one and hanging it in our hallway (since we just put up a wall gallery of frames in the upstairs hallway this weekend....more on that tomorrow). 

Here it is:



6.  It has almost been a year since I started this blog....my how time flies!  My goal for the next year is to update more frequently and participate more in the blogging world.  I honestly try to visit all of the blogs on my dashboard once a week, but sometimes I don't get around to it and I feel terrible.  And the thing is that I don't even feel obligated to do it, I really just love to be inspired and see what other people are doing in the world.  It is so great to be a part of each of your lives, even though we have never met.  I have been more inspired by strangers in the last year than I ever thought possible.  The amount of ideas out there is incredible and I'm just really grateful to be a part of it all!!  So this is the year for me....I vow to be a more dedicated blogger....

7.  My mom, sister-in-law and mother-in-law are planning a baby shower for me next weekend and I CANNOT wait!!!   Hm....does that sound spoiled or conceited?  Maybe it came out wrong.  I guess I am just really excited to share this experience with all of my friends and family.  I honestly could care less about the presents (although B and I will be SUPER SUPER thankful for everything that we receive and I'm sure we will need it all for the little one), I just really want to spend time with everyone and soak it all in before the sleepless nights and the crazy schedules set in.  There are very few times in our lives when everyone you love is with you in one room (bridal showers, weddings, graduations and sometimes birthdays), but for the most part, it is pretty rare.  So this will be one of those times for me and I'm so very excited!!  Sadly, my grandma from Florida won't be able to make it up here in time for the shower because of a surgery, but she is planning to be here when he arrives, so that will be even more exciting.  Other than that though, it will be wonderful to celebrate and spend time with all of these wonderful people in my life.  And my family (mom, SIL and MOL) are absolutely wonderful for doing this for me.  I promise to report back with some pictures of the shower in two weeks!!  YAY!

8.  Lately, I have started to feel SUPER hungry all the time.  For most of the pregnancy, I have been eating what I normally eat and just adding a healthly snack here and there throughout the day.....but in the last few weeks I have felt like I need to add even more to my plate.  I know this is probably normal, but since I hadn't really experienced it for most of the 7.5 months, I thought that I might not face it at all.  No dice.  For example, I went out to dinner with my parents on Sunday night and had a full meal (steak tips in a salad, lots of bread w/ AMAZING dipping sauce, and even some bites of a peanut butter ice cream thing for dessert), but less than two hours later my stomach was growling and I NEEDED a snack.  Really, kiddo?  You are hungry already?  Haha.  I am trying to be good about choosing healthy snacks when the hunger pains hit, but it's not always easy when you are out and about for the day.  I have always been good about bringing a granola bar with me or something similar (thank you, Girl Scouts of America), but I guess I need to pack two now instead of one.  My how times have changed......

It's definitely a good thing though, it just means that he is growing a lot and I'm happy about that.  Whatever keeps him healthy and strong is fine by me.  We actually have a doc appointment tonight, so I'm curious to see how much weight i've put on over the last three weeks....EEEK!!!  I'll keep you posted...

9.  Hopefully my boss isn't reading this post, but I have a little secret to share with you all.  I still have two months left (give or take) and I have already started to check out at work.  All I want to do during the day is dream about the nursery or look at cute onesies and hats to buy him.  Don't get me wrong, I am getting my work done, but instead of planning ahead and getting things ready for when I leave, I've been using my downtime for internet surfing.  Bad, I know.  I almost feel like I have senioritis....

10.  We have no summer vacation plans because of the baby and I'm starting to get itchy to take a long weekend.  We were thinking about going up to Bar Harbor (where we got married and where B's parents have a house) for 4th of July weekend, but I'm just not sure how I feel about being 5.5 hours away from my hospital within 6 weeks of my due date.  Is that irrational?

1 comment:

  1. I really couldn't wait for my wedding shower, so I know what you mean. It must be doubly exciting for a baby shower. :-)

    I love eating out too, even when my kitchen is fully stocked. I would be a happy camper if I could eat out every day. It might be cheaper to hire a personal chef, ha!

    Loved your list and thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete