11.26.2010

The morning after...

Thanksgiving went off without a hitch and I'm so relieved.  Tired.  No, exhausted really.  But mostly relieved.  It is nice to be able to cook for your family and provide them with a warm and cozy environment to relax in.  And the best part was NOT having to drive home afterwards.  When the folks left and the dishes were done, we just plopped down on the couch in our tripophan-induced comas for the remainder of the evening.  B even made me a fire!!

I'm not going to lie to you and say that it was easy...it wasn't, and I definitely couldn't have done it without my mom (A.K.A. sous chef) by my side the whole time...but it was also a little fun and rewarding.  I would absolutely do it again.  Well...that is my response now.  Ask me again when I have a little one on my hip someday!  :)

And of course, in the craziness that was my day yesterday, I forgot to snap photos of the table setting and food prep.  Both B and my mom did a good job of capturing the insanity, but I will have to wait another day or two to get them off of their respective cameras.  I promise to be back with more details next week and even some fun updates to the living room (finally!!).  Things are moving along in our little casa and I'm excited to share them with all of you!  And now that we are nearing the holiday season, I will be setting up the tree and preparing the house with all of my festive decor!  Can't wait to show you all of that as well!

Hope you all had a happy turkey day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment