6.15.2012

Deck Chair Rehab

Instead of focusing all my attention on tiling the shower in the basement, I decided to use a naptime this week to update our worn out adirondack chair.  I bought this baby last year at a yard sale for $15.  She was in pretty good shape then, but we left her out all winter (oops!), so she got a little beat up.

Here is what she looked like earlier this week....



Not too bad, but she needed a little love.  A little Krylon love to be specific....

I lightly sanded the whole chair with some 100 grit sandpaper that I had on hand to get off any loose paint and rough up the surface a bit before priming.  Then I wiped it all down with a tack cloth to make sure to remove all the debris.  Then I applied 2 light and even coats of primer (I waited about 30 minutes between each coat) and then two light and even coats of Oxford Blue Krylon Paint (an hour between coats for this) and this is what I got....




The color is probably truest in the first close-up photo.  It is a little lighter than a navy.  I think I bought the spray paint at Walmart for $3 something a can and I had the spray primer leftover on my shelf from an old project.  I love cheap transformations!  I think this chair is going to last us a long time.  Maybe even longer if we bring it in the garage next winter.

Still working on a few more little projects for the deck, which is why I didn't include a full shot of it.....more to come next week!!

Oh, and I found something else at a yard sale this past weekend......




It came with two leaves as well, but I think I'm just going to use it as a small round table in the kitchen/mudroom area and save the leaves for a party or something down the road.  As you can see, I already have my paint out and ready to go.......hopefully I can finish it up today or tomorrow and show you some pictures.  YAY!!  Can't wait.  I've been looking for a table for that space for about a year now......

More to come soon!

1 comment:

  1. Just the perfect accessories for your deck. Why don’t you paint the table to match the chair? Oxford blue looks great; you could also paint the floor with this could and, if my imagination is correct, it would look wonderful. Sol @ DiamondCompanies.net

    ReplyDelete