3.17.2011

Oh Happy Day!

Top o' the mornin' to ya! 


Happy St. Patty's Day to everyone and a special shout out to my wonderful brother Michael Patrick Koutrobis (oh ya, I invoked the middle name....since it is kind of significant today) who is celebrating his 40th year of life today!!  YAY!  Happy Birthday big brother!  We are having a party for him on Saturday and I can't wait to celebrate with him (and the rest of the world since the last time I checked the evite was up to 120.....that's more than I had at my wedding!!!!)  Celebrating these days, though, involves drooling while watching everyone else drink beer (Blue Moon is especially hard for me....I liked it before but I am desperately craving it lately).  I guess I will just have to focus on the cake for this party!  Make way folks, I'll be in charge of the cutting this time!!  One for me, one for you......one for me, one for you!  Haha.  That is kind of the way that I go christmas shopping too!  I came home with a ton of bags one day and Brian thought I had finished buying all of the christmas gifts.  Oh no, honey, half of these are for me!!  Don't worry though, I got something for you too!!  Haha.  I am definitely exaggerating, but it is kind of hard not to buy things for yourself when you are finding such great deals for everyone else.  Tempting!!!

But back to the important message of the day......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE!!


You have always been more than a brother to me, you've been a friend....a role model, a psychiatrist and, most recently, a minister (at my wedding).  But the most important thing to me is that you have been there....always.  Like you said to me years ago when you moved out on your own, "I will always be just a phone call away."  And you kept that promise.  I can't tell you how comforting that has been in my life.  We have both changed so much as individuals over the years, but never once have we lost that special connection.  I am really lucky to have you in my life and I hope that you always remember that (today and every day)!  You are an amazing person. I have never met anyone else that can bring an entire room to tears with his poetry and then roaring with laughter minutes later.  You have a special gift for entertaining and I feel blessed to be in the audience......

I love you, bro!

No comments:

Post a Comment