7.16.2012

Kitchen Organization

My counter has always been a dumping station for anything and everything that we have in our hands when we walk in the door....keys, mail, bills, notepads, chargers, etc.  It was getting out of hand and slowly driving me crazy, so I found this little guy at a yard sale recently....





It was only $2, so naturally I grabbed it and held on for dear life while glaring at everyone else browsing (even though they were no where near this table....or even interested in this particular item).  You can never be too careful.



I brought him home and checked my shelves for some leftover spray paint.  These two cans were it, so I put them to good use....after a quick sand to rough up the surface for better adhesion.



I'd say it took about 4 coats in all.  I tried to do very light ones, so it might have been more than I usually do, I just didn't want to get any drip marks.  I normally like to use heirloom white, since its a little warmer, but this will do for now.  I have been on the lookout for it at the Home Depot near me, but they have been out of it for months now.  Until then...here she is.  Being all organizational.





It has really helped to organize stuff on my counter.  I won't go as far as to say that it has eliminated all the clutter, but it definitely helps.  And even B has started putting things in there when he gets home from work.  SCORE!!

So for $2 I feel like a more sane housewife....for the time being.  My next project for that space is to hide the phone cord that hangs down from the shelf.  I bought this white plastic tube-like thing to do it, I just need to figure out how I'm going to stick it to the wall.  I'm hoping I can find something that is removable.  Maybe velcro, or that 3M stuff.  I'll report back.

For now, I'll just enjoy my organized kitchen.

Hope you all had a great 4th!  We were away for the week and are just now getting back on a normal schedule.  The heat is CRAZY though.  Our two window-unit AC's have been running around the clock.  Can't wait to see our electric bill.  EEK!

Stay cool. 

2 comments:

  1. Great find Heather and it looks so much better white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Good for you. I need something like that too. Thanks for the inspiration. Love your blog - just found you.

    ReplyDelete