1 Year Later: Lessons Learned and Plans for the Future
As I mentioned on Friday, we are currently celebrating the 1 year anniversary of blogging here at Simple.Beautiful.Home! Time flies when you're having fun, right? It has been a great year and I am so happy that I took a risk and started this little blog. My initial intent was to utilize it as a web journal of our house transformation, but it has turned into so much more than that. I have been exposed to so many other great blogs through this process and I feel connected to a whole new world of people. I feel like I have friends out there that I have never even met!! It's wonderful! I wouldn't give it up for the world.
In fact, I am hoping to expand this blog even more in the coming year.
Here are just a few of my goals for year # 2:
* Blog more often - right now, I am having a hard time squeezing it in with a busy work schedule, but I'm hoping to make more time for this in the future. I have so much more to share with you guys, so I just need to keep up with all of my thoughts (or write them down before I forget them). I currently do at least a post a week, but I would love to start doing 3-5 each week. Wish me luck....
* Visit and reach out to more blogs - I try to look at everyone else's blog each day (at least the ones that I am connected to on the blog feed), but often times I only get through a handful before I have to switch to something else. I really just need to make a more concerted effort to take the time to reach out. I am always happy that I did. Not only am I able to offer some encouragement to my fellow blogging friends (which I love to do), but I gain so much inspiration from everyone that it is overwhelming at times (and adds more projects and ideas to my never-ending to-do list). It's a total win-win!!
* Document my projects better - I often find that I forget to take a before picture when I start to dive into a DIY project. My intentions are there to write about the transformation, but a before (and during) picture are absolutely crucial to get the full before and after effect!! And who doesn't love before and afters? It is so inspiring to see what other people are capable of.
* Update the after photos on the house tour page - we have done so much more to the house since I first updated the house tour page, so I really need to give it a refresher!!
* Add a baby page - I know this is a home/design/renovation/DIY type blog, but the new baby is going to be a big part of simple.beautiful.home, so I am thinking that I will designate a separate page for anyone that wants to oogle pictures of our little one (*ahem*...that's you, Mom)!! I will keep you updated on any DIY-related projects for him and his nursery, but all of the random glamour shot photos will be designated to their own separate space!!
* Ramp up my link party activity - I love participating in linky parties, but I always seem to forget to do it before they are closed. My goal for the next year is to spend some time spreading the word about projects, and maybe even host a linky or two on here. In fact, maybe I'll add a separate page for all of the link parties so that I remember which ones happen on which days. I have seen this done on a few blogs before and I think its a great idea. It's an awesome way to spread the word about your own projects, but its also a lot of fun to see what other people are working on too!! Again, so much inspiration out there!! I can't stand it!!!
Other than that, I think I'm just going to keep plugging away! I'm excited to see what the next year holds! Oh, and the most important thing that I wanted to say today was a big ol' thank you to each of you followers out there for all your support and suggestions and encouragement over the last year. Reading your comments and hearing from you via email honestly makes my day, so I'm very grateful to each and every one of you! Thanks for coming along for the ride. I hope you stick around to see what else is in store!
And speaking of what's in store, we have a lot to share with you in the next few weeks.....guest bedroom update, new DIY walkway installation and landscaping, hallway gallery of frames, new windows installed, nursery rug choice, and so much more!!! I am slowly checking things off my to-do list and it feels great. Can't wait to share it all with you guys in the next few days!! Stay tuned...